Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An Unwanted Journey: Day 1063 - Unrelenting Fatigue


Monday was a good day, so good in fact that I visited some colleagues at work. As I chatted with my colleagues, I wondered if I could start doing something useful for the team. After all, I was feeling good, and I was excited to hear about all the initiatives underway. Sure, I was tired later in the day, but overall felt great.


Then came Tuesday. I know memory isn't always helpful in trying to evaluate the fatigue associated with chemotherapy, but I don't remember feeling quite so out of it before. I must have slept 18 hours at a minimum, only just arising about 10:30 am this morning with at least a slightly more energetic sense than Tuesday.


This is why I realize that I cannot make unrealistic commitments about my time and energy. If days like yesterday (and perhaps today) are the price I must pay to maintain a modicum of health in the fight against cancer, then that's what I'll do. Hmmm, time for another nap.

No comments: