Tuesday, January 30, 2007

An Unwanted Journey: Day 0433 - Real Acceleration

The surgeon who will be performing my endoscopy and gathering the biopsy samples had his assistant call this morning to see if I'd like to get the procedure done tomorrow instead of waiting another 17 days. Yes! By all means. Unfortunately, because we don't have much time for preparation, I will have to go back to the phospho-soda, gawd-awful solution that I used just 2 months ago for my last colonoscopy. But at least I won't have to wait so long for the procedure or the pathology report. We just might even have that report by the end of next week - good or bad.

Leroy Sievers was blogging last week about how he could hardly wait for his Radiofrequency Ablation procedure to happen. In that procedure, they stick a needle through the chest wall into the tumor and burn the sucker from the inside out. I know how he feels - not about having had experience with that particular procedure, but with the anticipation of finally doing something after the waiting period. It's always better to be doing something than simply waiting and wondering.

And for my buddy who "has my back", thanks. I can't express just how much your friendship has meant to me. You're the best!

No comments: