Friday, September 11, 2009

An Unwanted Journey Day 1389 - "Slip"


As is to be expected with all terminal diseases, Don's condition is deteriorating. Expected but not any easier to comprehend. But what had been a gradual slip is beginning to become a quick slide. Don is now very weak and jaundiced. He has a difficult time focusing and can only speak in whispers. He sleeps for much of the day and conversation tires him quickly. Don is no longer as cognizant of what is going on around him. This is not to say that he is suffering; The pain management at Freeport has been excellent and he is comfortable.

Visitors are still welcome but please adjust your expectations accordingly. Either myself or my brother are checking and moderating comments on the blog and have been passing on your wishes and comments to Don.

I. Spencer

11 comments:

Master Darth Daddy said...

My heart hurts for my brother and family.
Love you, Little brother Jason. :-(

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for your friendship through the years. My life was better for having you in it. You can be sure that your influence will felt long after your last sunset. And the 'legend' begins soon.

Mike

Brie said...

My heart and thoughts are with you all.

Brie

Brie said...

Sending thoughts of peacefulness and comfort your way.

Brie

Lorna Scott said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Don. Thoughts and prayers are what we the well speak of. Having been at the door which your are about to open I do not know what to say or just smile for the memories. I will raise a glass to you when the time comes for the dignity with which you leaving us. Tears are running down my cheeks as I write this, I am sure if I weep for time lost or for those memories. others with articulate the remember whens in greater detail, I will just remember when, Ken

mar hackbart said...

Don, just save your energy for a smile and hug for your amazing family. And when you are weary, sleep well my friend... Hugs & blessings to all. Mar

Tom Snowdon said...

Don:

Thoughts and prayers are with you on this part of your journey. Thank you for your life of love and openness to others.

brie said...

May today's beautiful sun be shining on all four of you.

Thank you, Don, for your openness, your honesty, your warmth, your wit, your intelligence ... and for sharing it with us.

Know the love that surrounds you and yours.

Brie

Michael Spencer said...

We have just heard the bad news that my brother, Don has passed away at about 8:30am today. Please know that your comments and affection and support were appreciated. I am sure that Ian or Patrick will post one more blog.

Michael Spencer

Anonymous said...

Goodbyemygreatoldfriendgoodbye.

Mike